The Sox are now 2-0 against the Rangers and 0-4 against everybody else.
THOUGHTS AND THINGS
- Hooray for excitement. This game was boring as hell for 8.5 innings. Then, after not doing a damn thing on offense, the White Sox minor leaguers showed up with 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th to pick up the win, with Kenny Williams Jr of all people driving in the winning run.
- Dylan Axelrod got lucky. He only gave up the 1 run in his two innings of work, but after a easy first inning, he walked 2 guys in the 2nd and had the bases loaded with nobody out. It was nice work to get out of the jam, but it was also a bit of luck.
- Maybe the best pitched game of the spring. Outside Axelrod's control issues, every other Sox pitcher except one pitched pretty well. Zach Stewart, Eric Stults, Leyson Septimo and Brian Bruney combined for 6.2 scoreless innings and only gave up 2 hits.
- But then there was Brian Omogrosso. The White Sox will be making their first round of cuts in the next few days, and I'm willing to bet Omogrosso will find himself among them. After walking 2 and giving up a hit and a run while recording only an out, Omogrosso saw his ERA rise to 20.25 this spring.
- How long until we can legitimately begin worrying about the offense? Paul Konerko finally got his first hit of the spring on Saturday, but on the whole the offense was rather stagnant. The Sox had as many hits with the kids in the 9th inning (3) as they did in the first 8 innings, and Colby Lewis had a perfect game through 4. Maybe they're just saving the runs for the regular season?