|Every freaking picture from this game is of Pujols|
So let's just do that.
THOUGHTS AND THINGS
- John Danks Still Doesn't Know How To Win! Danks made his first start of the spring and it wasn't very good. He needed 34 pitches to get through the first inning alone, walked three guys, and gave up two runs. His final line for the day was: 2IP, 4H, 3ER, 3BB 1K.
- Albert Pujols looks odd in an Angels uniform. Even though the Angels wear the same shade of red the Cardinals did, it just doesn't look right. Granted, seeing Mark Buehrle in an orange Marlins jersey will look a million times stranger, but it'll take time to get used to.
- Gordon Beckham has been cured. Not only did Beckham make another great play in the field on a ground ball up the middle to throw out another runner at the plate, but he also went 2-for-2 with a pair of singles and looked roughly a billion times better in the box than he did on Monday.
- Brian Omogrosso made a mistake taking the number 71. That's Scott Linebrink's number, and it should be burned. Omogrosso gave up 3 runs on 4 hits with a walk in his only inning. He also threw two wild pitches, and could have thrown three.
- Josh Phegley needs some work. Phegley was catching during those wild pitches, and he probably could have done a lot more to keep them from becoming wild pitches. I'm inclined to believe it's due more to the date on the calendar than Phegley's actual ability, though.
- It was nice to see Trayce Thompson. The main reason I watch spring training games is to see the kids you don't get a chance to see all that often, so it was nice to see Thompson in action. Even if it was just to see him draw a walk and steal second base.
- Nathan Jones has an odd delivery. Though it also seemed to be effective, as he pitched two innings and allowed only a hit while striking out three and walking another.
- Donnie Veal is to be known as Babymeat from this point on.