The evil Bruce Chen tortures us no more! He has been slain by the now mighty White Sox offense! Watch out soft-tossing lefties of the world! The White Sox are done taking your shit!
THOUGHTS AND THINGS
- ALL OF THE RUNS. In the last two days the White Sox offense has scored 29 runs. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they won't do that in a two-day span again at any point this season.
- Can we get excited about Adam Dunn yet? The man still only have 1 strikeout this spring, and hit another 2 home runs on Thursday, including a grand slam. What's truly remarkable is that both of the home runs came off a left-handed Bruce Chen. Which means Adam had twice as many extra-base hits against a lefty today than he did all last season.
- Eduardo Escobar is doing everything he can. Seriously, I don't know if he's going to make the final roster or not, but at this point if he doesn't, I'm going to feel so sorry for him. Turned a drag bunt into a de facto triple thanks to a throwing error, and then a routine flyout into another de facto triple. The kid is playing so well that defenses can't stop him when they've stopped him!
- Alex Rios drove in runs. He had 2 hits and 2 RBI. With Alejandro De Aza on third with one out in the first, Rios actually knocked him in with a single. He didn't strike out, he didn't pop up in the infield, he got a base hit. With a runner on third. And less than two out.
- Zach Stewart did himself a favor. He needed a good start if he wants to solidify a bullpen role or possibly more, and while 2 earned runs in 5 innings isn't great, it was more than enough with the offense provided.
- Dayan Viciedo rakes against minor leaguers. Viciedo played against the Triple-A Rangers on Thursday and went deep 3 times. Which means that he kills minor league pitching. Which means he should hit around 40 home runs against the Twins this season.