So what was the bigger upset today? The White Sox losing to Arizona, or Norfolk State beating Missouri?
THOUGHTS AND THINGS
- John Danks is a better hitter than pitcher so far this spring. Another ugly start for Danks, as he allowed 4 runs -- 3 earned -- in 4 innings and also walked 2 guys. The good news was that he also drove in 2 runs with his bat, so maybe we should just move him to left field or DH or something.
- Nice job, bullpen. The good news is that Danks was the only Sox pitcher to surrender any runs on Friday. Brian Bruney, Will Ohman and Eric Stults only allowed 1 hit over the final for frames.
- The offense, it still blows. Another 27 outs and only 4 hits. When the bats are rusty through the first week of spring, that's one thing, but the Sox are two weeks into this now and they just aren't hitting. Hopefully they're saving it all for the regular season, but give us something to be optimistic about.
- Muscles are stiff. Adam Dunn has sat out three games this week with a stiff neck, and now Brent Morel was a late scratch thanks to back stiffness. Throw in Jesse Crain's oblique, and maybe the White Sox should do a bit more stretching.
- The MVP is dead. Brent Lillibridge went 0-for-4 with 3 strikeouts on Friday. There is no hope.