I was busy this afternoon with a bunch of different things, so I didn't get a chance to listen to this game, and I can't really do anything other than look at the box score and try to figure out what happened.
Hmm...let's see....OH GOD WHY, CHARLIE LEESMAN, WHY!?
More thoughts after the jump.
THOUGHTS AND THINGS
- Trade rumors don't bother Gavin Floyd. I think it's safe to say Gavin had the best outing of any Sox starter this spring, going 4 innings and striking out 5 while only giving up a run. So hopefully Kenny Williams has now told the Blue Jays the asking price for Floyd starts with Jose Bautista and ends with Brett Lawrie.
- Charlie Leesman had a bad day. Think it's safe to say Chuck will find himself falling down the Pitchers Power Poll next week after today's performance. Without registering a single out, Leesman gave up 4 runs, walked a guy, hit another guy and he may or may not have kicked an adorable puppy in the dugout. I don't know, as I said earlier, I didn't get to listen in and box scores no longer keep track of "kicked puppies."
- Brian Bruney's stock rises. He struck out the side in his only inning of work, and when you combine the fact that he's pitching well with the familiarity Don Cooper already has with him from last season, and I think Bruney's got a good shot of going to Chicago.
- Brent Lillibridge and Jordan Danks were your offensive "stars." Both had 2 hits on the day with a double and both drove in runs.
- Paul Konerko got an infield single. I didn't see it, so I don't really believe it, but the beat guys all swear that this actually happened.